Game Engine

Feel free to talk about anything related to Bully MP in this board.
skbyt

Game Engine

Postby skbyt » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:31 am

Hi Community,
Any updates on release?
And can i know what engine do this mp use. Is it Gamebryo or RWE ?

P3ti
Site Admin

Re: Game Engine

Postby P3ti » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:12 pm

Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC, XB360, Wii) uses Gamebryo engine, the PS2 version of Bully used RenderWare.
We're planning to release RC1 in early 2016, but it's not sure. This is a just a hobby project, we don't take it too seriously.

skbyt

Postby skbyt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:57 pm

P3ti wrote:Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC, XB360, Wii) uses Gamebryo engine, the PS2 version of Bully used RenderWare.
We're planning to release RC1 in early 2016, but it's not sure. This is a just a hobby project, we don't take it too seriously.

Great brother. Sad that gamebryo is terrible compared to RenderW. Wish they just had the same canis canem in pc.

P3ti
Site Admin

Postby P3ti » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 am

skbyt wrote:
P3ti wrote:Bully: Scholarship Edition (PC, XB360, Wii) uses Gamebryo engine, the PS2 version of Bully used RenderWare.

Great brother. Sad that gamebryo is terrible compared to RenderW. Wish they just had the same canis canem in pc.

RenderWare was not available for the 7th generation video game consoles (Xbox360 fe.) and EA just bought and stopped the distribution of the engine to third parties, so in order to port Bully, they've needed to change to another middleware. It would be good for us if they would keep using RW for Bully: SE at that time, because we have more experience with that and could reuse research from the GTA modding scene. It's not a big problem tho, we already made our research on the engine. We're planning to let using custom game assets in 0.2 for server owners.

skbyt

Postby skbyt » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:27 am

Thats a good news about custom assets, SWEGTA is a pro in that i guess.

Simple01

Postby Simple01 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:52 am

skbyt wrote:Thats a good news about custom assets, SWEGTA is a pro in that i guess.

I saw him in Bully mods page with lots of creations. He knows lots of stuff of Bully.

kuchnie katowice częstochowa sosnowiec gliwice zabrze bytom ruda śląska tychy dąbrowa górnicza chorzów mysłowice siemianowice śląskie żory

Return to “General Discussion”